Sunday, December 7, 2008

Last weekend

I can't believe it has been almost 7 months. It feels like just yesterday I was checking into the hostel and trying to find a job here. I am a little sad, but also very excited to go to Nicaragua for a week and little nostalgic to return to the States.

It was a great final weekend though. On Friday, I took my last Spanish lesson. It was a fun lesson and I learned some interesting expresiones idiomaticas that will be useful in the future. (andar por las ramas beat around the bush) (un pie aqui y otro alla Want to stay in one place, but also be somewhere else) y cosas asi. We also had our Christmas party for IESA on Friday night. It was at an amazing restaurant that served so many plates of chips, guacamole, fondue for appetizers. Then for the main dish was the best chicken, steak and fries that I've had since I've been here. IESA paid for the whole thing which also included many beers, margaritas and whiskey and cokes.

We finally had a sunny day on Saturday, so the roommates and I had a picnic with our tico friends. They are a very funny and nice married couple around our age. One of my roommates gave her classes, so they have been over a couple times to the house. The husband, whose name is also Michael, is pretty awesome and reminds me of myself. He loves sports, playstation, and drinking a few cervezas.

I have been relaxing mostly today (Sunday). I went to San Jose to watch some baseball. I talked to a Nicaraguan lady whose brother was playing 1st base for one of the teams. I told her about myself and Amanda and she thought it was really cool what we are doing.

I want to thank everyone who has been reading the blog. At first I thought it might seem a little superficial to do, but I am glad for all the great responses and interest people have shown. Thank you.

No comments: